Monday, September 21, 2009

Blog Envy

I admittedly have blog envy. I read a few blogs a day from Brooklyn and Paris, France (I can explain that one in another post) and they all write so well, so clever, so witty. I guess they can do this because they are writers. Me, I am just a lowly biologist...not known for eloquent prose in our profession.

Stories are weaved so well, little anecdotes are told as if you are standing right there listening to them tell it. A few I read I can't wait for the next post. What the heck is wrong with me?

Boredom, I think. If I had more of a life and were actually busy at work and not procrastinating, I would never think to blog. Yet here I sit, trying to be as clever and as interesting when all I can come up with to write about are my short-comings in blog-writing.

Just wait until I start writing about fish reproduction and the chemicals in the environment that cause male fish to become female!

No comments:

Post a Comment