Friday, June 10, 2011

frustration

I'm feeling frustrated...trapped, boxed in. Not sure which way to go but I do know that when I get this feeling, I do everything in my power to make it so I am back on track to where I want to be. That feeling of spinning my wheels motivates me to get moving and gather all the resources necessary to make progress and move forward.

There are a few things in my life I can not motivate myself to do: number 1 is get that manuscript finished. I can not. It brings up too many painful memories and I hate spending time on something I already spent too much time on. And so it drags on. And I feel it will never be good enough to be published anyway. so why bother? So will I never be published? It has been almost 10 years since my last publication in a peer-reviewed journal. Maybe part of me feels I am just not good enough to be published after I saw what went on during the first process. Just name drop and you're in?

sad, sad world we are in science peeps.

1 comment:

  1. You need to escape the weakday... Go do Rebel Race. U will feel like a child. bring your friends!

    ReplyDelete