Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm gonna be a writer

For a while I have been trying to figure out where my creativities should be focused. art? writing? photography? Music? I can like those alot but I am not drawn to them and go out of my way make it so I do them everyday. I just don't. If I were, I'd already have my camera, or my keyboard or new paints to swirl around. But what I do realize is that I like to write. The funny thing is I'm not a reader! Hah!

Such is life with irony and all. I don't like to read books. I think that came away when I was done with grad school. I can't do it anymore unless it is something I know ahead of time I am really gonna like: The Boys are Back I read in two weeks, Middlesex I read in 2 months, Petite Anglaise I read in a few months, first four Sookie Stackhouse novels I read in 1 year, currently reading Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. These are the only books I've read in the past 4 years. I have a few more but I never finished them: Dreams from my Father, The Wachoula Woods Accord, Animals in Translation (all non-fiction by the way; I think I should stick to fiction).

But I like more and more when I can write something and it can become something to bring emotion, or provide detail to something everyone  thinks but never says, or come up with a perspective that others may not have considered. Being in my head all day makes me want to be less of me and explore the rest of the world so writing seems like an easy enough way to do it. Once you do it enough you get better too, right?

I'll think on this some more and figure out what route to take.

It's gonna be good.

I'll probably change my mind in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment