Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Orleans in November

I was in New Orleans for SETAC up until this Monday. Good trip. Interesting town. I did all the touristy stuff: walked up and down Bourbon St., went on a Vampire tour, drank a hurricane (only 1/4 of it), had my share of etoufee, gumbo and a shrimp po' boy. Tasted alligator, saw an alligator and an armadillo on our airboat tour. Also got to hold a baby alligator. it's nice to do something new and different every once in a while.

Now I am back to the grind. Did I mention I really hate this time of year? Shorter days, dreary weather, lonely feling, cold, limited to indoor activities, cold, drafts, chills after I eat, dry throats, sore nose, running nose, bad hair, the list goes on and on. Can't wear short-sleeve shirts, can't wear flip flops, can't swim in the pool, can go to the beach but nothing is open if you want to go there. Just got to suffer along until the spring and then realize I am again one year older than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment