Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reunited and I feel good!

I helped a colleague today and it didn't involve toxicology, chemistry or science in anyway. Sitting in a kind of boring meeting that was lagging on longer than it should I noticed the very pretty earrings of a new engineer in another division. I don't know her name. She sits in on the meetings absorbing the goings on. Until she is comfortable with the proceedings she is always accompanied by a more senior engineer.
As my mind wandered during the meeting I noticed her earrings and her rings (engagement and wedding band) as I usually do. Earrings were pretty drop type with two ovals with etched designs. Couldn't make out the designs.

After the meeting let out I wandered down the hall to the staircases and kicked something on the ground. Picking it up it was an earring, drop type, two ovals with etched designs on them. I knew right away it belonged to this engineer. I had no idea what her name was...I ran into B who I told about the earring and she said let's see if D is here, she should know since she is branch chief who the new engineer is and where she sits. Sure enough D said, sure, let's go to her cubicle to bring it back to her. The engineer wasn't there but we left her a note to let her know I had found her earring. Then D and I began a conversation about lost earrings and singletons who had found new homes at the Salvation Army. I mentioned the ones I was wearing currently which are pair no. 2 of ones that A got me long ago and they are my hands down favorite everyday earrings. I lost the one only a few months after he got me the first pair. I lost them at the gym at UMCP when I swore I put them in my pants pocket and then put them in the locker but when I returned they were no where to be found. I even went back multiple times. That made me so sad. Jewelry lost is one of the saddest things.

So after an hour or so I checked my e-mail and got a message from the engineer who's earring I returned:


Hi Sara,

Thanks for finding my earring and getting it returned to me.

Glad I could reunite them...

her name is Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment