Friday, December 10, 2010

Warrior Dash 2011

My New Year's Resolution for 2011 (never too soon to have one, right?) is to go back to Krav Maga. As my GIS courses are winding down (I only have to take 1 or 2 more) I will have more time for self improvement of another sort next year. We are already signed up for agility class me and Casey for January - March one day a week so I need something else to keep me going. I will be busy but only on week nights. Thank goodness. I want to go to Krav Maga on any night when agility and rally aren't. So the other day I received a notice from my Krav Maga class about new schedules for January, Polar Bear Plunge nonsense (you'll never catch me doing that!) and another thing that caught my eye: Warrior Dash 2011. Now, I remember D from my the rally class I take Casey to telling us about this thing her husband did where he went through this crazy race where you get a warrior helmet at the end, a free shirt, medal and 1 free beer. I clicked the link to the Warrior Dash from my Krav Maga notice and read all the details .This thing looks so awesome. It's 3.11 miles of race in the wilderness (2011 in Mechanicsville, MD) and 8 obstacles of warrior level difficulty! Mud crawling, hay bale climbing, water trudging, rope climbing, fire jumping...real boot camp type stuff. When you complete the race in full you get  1 free beer (which I have already decided to give to A, 1 t-shirt, a medal and the best of all, a fuzzy viking helmet (horns and all)! How cool is that? I'm totally stoked to compete. I'm starting now to train...I'll have to add jumping jacks, squats and other things of that nature in my preparatory methods but I am so ready to do this.

I think the only thing I might have trouble with is the fire jumping...the flames look high...my legs are short...but I can do this...warrior style...aaarrrgggghhhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment