Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Is it wrong to want to punch an old lady on the Metro?

I was on the Metro the other day just trying to get to my appointment at 5 pm. I made my connection from the Blue/Orange to Red at Metro Center. Slow people and tourists clogged the escalator so by the time I got to the platform, the train was pulling in. I made my way over to my spot on the platform to get on the train at the right car so it would put me in the right place on the platform when I exited. People were slow getting on and it was crowded...what was going on today?

Anyway, I made my way in but no one decided they would move to the center of the car. I was stuck by the door knowing that I would be trying to find a way to the side when the doors opened at Gallery Place. Sure enough, at Gallery Place, multiple people from either side of me were making their way to the door, leaving me no where to retreat to so I was stuck looking left and right to find a place to get out of the way. Just as I was doing this, a little piece of shit old lady says to me, "You're blocking the median" so I turned to her and said "I'm trying to get out of the way, jeez".

This is what I should have said:

"Lady, I'm not some dumbass tourist or clueless metro rider who doesn't know to leave room so people can get out at their stop. The metro was jammed, I had no where to go, and fuck if I'm going back out on the platform and have the doors close on me and leave me at Gallery Place so shut the fuck up and mind your own damn business, asshole! I'd get out of the way if I could, but I can't, so fuck off".

I hate clueless assholes who feel they have the right to say what they say in total error and I don't care that they're 150 years old. She wasn't sweet, just old.

No comments:

Post a Comment