Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My friend is gone and it hurts (Thanks to Mary for the title)

My friend Amber is gone. I am saddened beyond words and without comprehension. How could someone so young be taken so soon? Amber followed her dreams. She never gave up and knew what she wanted. She and I were from the same fabric: that determined, nothing can stand in my way, it may take me a little bit longer but I'm gonna do it fabric. And her dream was taken from her.

Why does this happen to those you love so much? Why does it happen to those who love and are loved so much? Amber only had love and caring to give to everyone she met. She inspired me and propped me up even when she was far away. She was my only solace when things around me seemed their crummiest when I worked at the vet hospital. She made things fun, she had wonderful ideas, and loved everything furry and fuzzy from big to small. She was fearless herself and loved a challenge.

She showed me her home, California, how she knew I would appreciate it most: we went hiking in the redwood forests, we went to play in the rocky intertidal tide pools and had the best time doing it. We saw a crab lay her eggs in a tiny pool, bought a flat of strawberries that were the best strawberries I had ever tasted and saw the most wonderful thing imagineable to me: a wild sea otter floating among the kelp off the coast and just a few feet away from the tidal pools. I will never forget that for as long as I live.

She loved Jill more than anything else. To find your soul mate is truly rare and they were blessed to have been able to spend even that short amount of time with one another. I can not even imagine what Jill is going through as I am having troubles dealing even as a dear friend and some distance away.

I only have comfort knowing that she was loved by so many so much. That she will be dearly missed is the palest way to say what a wonderful person she was and I am all the more of me for knowing her.

Sweet dreams, Amber. May your vet school dream come true where ever you are and may you take care of the ailing and healthy fuzzy ones for all eternity. Thank you for providing me with the most pleasant and powerful memories of my life. I will cherish them always.

Miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment